Thursday, January 16

Personality Fluctuations

I had the opportunity to take the Myers-Briggs personality inventory on two occasions: once when I was thriving as a new teacher and science department head and another time when I was in the middle of a physical breakdown due to an unsupportive work environment in another city. My so-called personality results were at opposite ends of the spectrum. In one, I was an extravert; in the other, an introvert. My state of being was affecting my behavior. From inside, I would observe this and realize that the chemistry of my body was affecting what I would otherwise do comfortably and automatically.

Within the symptoms of illness, I was paralyzed in my actions; I had trouble phoning people and answering the door. My paralysis appeared to be emotional but then there were days when I was literally stuck unable to move in the morning or I would fall to the ground as one side of my body disappeared. I am happy to report that things are different now: my mind is clear and my body is full of vitality. And I am an extrovert again, in body and soul!

5 comments:

tracy said...

What advice would you give to one who finds her self in this state of flux?
I once was strong and independent, now I find my self full of fears unable to move.
In my heart I think I know what to do but, I seem to be stuck. If I do what I want,or feel I need to, I hurt others... What did you do to get clear?

Anonymous said...

hello love,

i will tell you that it was a slow process. my physical condition required that i be still. i would observe these thoughts that were so foreign to me in amazement. who was that?

then i had a mystical experience. i sought out a spiritual counsellor and did everything she told me... to the letter. i believe that, no, i knew that i had been led to her. she directed me to do some comtemplation exercises (as opposed to meditation) where you think about specific themes... and then to be still some more.

shall i continue?

tracy said...

Christine
If I had known you left a message for me I would have responded earlier...maybe?
June, that's about 5 months.
At this rate I will be an old woman before I have my self "together".
I have gone from fear to immobility.
In flux,still. Yes please go on.
I will indeed follow up on your response.

Christine said...

hey Gracie!

LOL... another 6 months... interesting...

all comments are usually redirected to my mailbox and yours did not get there. i had prepublished so i wasn't checking for the summer either. then my daughter participated in a head-on collision in the bush in south africa at the end of august. she has required 24 hour care and it is just letting up recently. so my hobbies have been on hold.

i could speak in general terms however it would be more useful to you if i responded directly to what it is you say you desire to create. so tell me...

in the meantime, pick up a little book by Dr. David R. Hawkins called Power vs. Force. And let me know that you read it.

love always

Christine said...

Hello Gracie,

Checkin' in to see if you have been by.

Creating Abundance

"Abundance means different things to different people, and references love, finance and security and most of the things we believe we need in abundance to keep us happy in the games of reality. To feel love in your heart and to be able to give and get love, is abundance enough for many souls. Abundance can be financial, emotional, spiritual, and physical. Abundance is guided by the power of attraction, synchronicity and the power to manifest. You attract abundance based on what you think you deserve in life and lessons to be learned. If you are functional, you will attract abundance in a functional way. If you are dysfunctional, you will attract drama and may never figure out why, blaming the world for your losses."